Bet your friends that you can make wine magically go into an upside-down glass, and the next round will be on them.
You Will Need
* A dish or shallow bowl
* A small candle or tea light
* A one-quarter full glass of wine
* A cherry (optional)
Step 1: Light the candle
Light the candle and drip wax into the center of the dish. Place the candle on the wax so that it sticks.
You can get a cherry from the bartender and light the stem instead of using a candle.
Step 2: Pour the wine
Pour the wine into the dish.
Red wine is best so everyone can clearly see the wine going into the glass.
Step 3: Position the wine glass
Place the wine glass upside down directly over the candle.
Step 4: Watch in amazement
Watch in amazement as the wine is drawn into the glass as the candle goes out, creating a vacuum.
Step 5: Flip over the glass
Flip over the glass holding the dish on top, remove the dish, and the wine is now fully in the glass. Bottoms up!
Fact: Treading grapes by foot is still the technique used to produce a small quantity of high-quality port wines.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades